I often think that because I am a Native American artist that some collectors, fans or followers think/hope/assume that my work should only focus on Native American subject matter.
In this hidden (possibly imaginary) expectation, I sense some of my work gets ignored due to an optimistic but limiting aesthetic native-centric point of view.
It’s important to realize that possibly, if you limit what you do, to who you are you might limit your own life and its future creative trajectory.
As an artist its important to not limit your creative output, aesthetic , style or subject matter if you want to grow, develop a lasting style and have a clear voice on your world around you.
- aliciagigglesascends likes this
- danielletori likes this
- black-footed likes this
- tvmcommentary likes this
- wherearethesheep reblogged this from niipomakii and added:
- niipomakii reblogged this from apaches-and-angels
- niipomakii likes this
- endless-inside likes this
- aguavodka likes this
- acharcoalconcept likes this
- bestfriendsforevil likes this
- karonhiake likes this
- apaches-and-angels posted this